Choosing windows for your home can often be confusing with so many different product offerings. One of the most important aspects of a window installation is which type of window installation (there are two main types) is going to be the best for your situation.
The two types of window installations offered by most window and door companies are pocket installations (insert) or full frame installations. While a reputable window replacement company will be able to help you with this choice, it’s important you know the difference too so you can have that knowledge to guide your decision as well.
What Is The Difference Between Pocket/Inserts Or Full Frame Windows?
A full frame window installation involves removing the entire existing window. Basically taking out the existing window, the frame, and all of the trim. You’ll be left with nothing but the bones of your home. This type of installation offers the most flexibility with regards to customization options.
At Texas Life Windows we specialize in and recommend full frame installations.
When is it better to choose full frame window installation?
- The existing window frame won’t allow for a pocket installation.
- The existing window frame is damaged or rotten and must be replaced.
- The size of the window opening needs to be increased. (egress codes)
- The existing window is drafty and not sealed correctly.
- All of the current window’s shortcomings- will be addressed prior to the installation.
A Pocket Or Insert Window Installation
If you have a newer home and your existing window frames are still in good shape then a pocket install (also known as an insert install) can be a more affordable solution for a homeowner. Instead of replacing all of the components of a window a pocket install is simply installing a new window into an existing frame.
When is it better to choose a pocket or insert window installation?
- You want to preserve the look on an old, historic, or heritage home.
- The current window frame is not damaged or rotten.
- You are only replacing a few windows and not all of your windows.
- Your home is newer and the window frames are in good shape.
- You do not want to change the casing or woodwork surrounding the windows.
Texas Life Windows Does Full Frame And Pocket/Insert Installations In Frisco Texas
If you’re looking to replace the windows in your home we are happy to offer you a consultation to determine which type of windows you currently have, what shape they are in, and then we can tell you which installation type (full frame installation or pocket installation) is going to be best for your specific situation.
If you’d like to schedule your window consultation please give us a call (469) 514-7995 or fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you right away.